Please note, this is a deposit only and balance is due prior to pickup. The hog will be delivered to the processor in mid-April, 2023. The majority of the pork cuts will come back within approximately 2 weeks, the bacon will take an additional 2 weeks and will be brought to you separately.
Buy in bulk and save with a whole hog custom processed to your specifications.
Final price is calculated based on $4/lb hanging weight for a whole share.
Final price determined by final weight. Once item is weighed, you will receive an invoice with the amount due minus your deposit. You will receive a receipt for the final charge. For bulk pork we will pickup the final product from the processor to deliver to you. Your final invoice WILL INCLUDE processing fees for bulk pork.
How much on average does a whole pork side cost?
For a 300-pound hog, the approximate hanging weight would be 180 pounds, giving you a purchase price of $720. With that estimated hanging weight, basic processing fees would be $330, giving you a total purchase price of $1,050.
Based on typical yield of the hanging weight, you should take home about 140 pounds of cut pork for a final cost of approximately $7.50 per pound. Your cost is based on hanging weight and your final yield will vary due to moisture loss during dry aging and your specific cut selections.
Also note, with pork there are a lot more value added products available. Any additional sausages or flavors will have an additional cost associated with them from the processor.
How will my meat be packaged?
Each piece will be vacuum sealed in clear packaging and labeled with the name of the cut.
What should I expect through the whole process, from deposit to pickup?
- After placing your order online and securing your pork with the deposit, you will receive an email with a cut sheet and directions for completing the cut sheet and returning to us via email by the date provided. As you fill out your cut sheet please feel free to reach out to us with any questions you may have. If anything is unclear when we receive the cut sheets back we will contact you with questions.
- After your product is ready, you will receive a detailed email with your final balance. This balance WILL include the processing fees, which are paid to the processor by us when we pick-up your order. Final payments to C&F Farms are due prior to the pick-up date provided in the email.
- We will coordinate delivery of your final product with you once we have received the product from the processor.
- PLEASE NOTE: Bacon production does take an additional several weeks beyond when all other cuts are complete and ready. We are still required to pickup the other product as soon as it is available and will have to pickup the bacon separately - as we do not currently have enough freezer space to store your pork product until the bacon is ready, we will invoice you for the total cost and schedule getting your pork to you prior to the bacon being ready. Once the bacon has been picked up we will arrange to get it to you as well.
- Final payment can be made via cash, check, or credit card.
How much storage space do I need?
Many people ask how much freezer storage space they will need. As a general rule of thumb you should plan for 1 cubic foot of freezer space per 35-40 pounds of meat. (1 cubic foot of space is roughly the size of a full large brown grocery bag.) For example, a whole pork share final product weighs approximately 100 pounds. So you should plan for 3 cubic feet.
Disclaimer: The numbers provided in this FAQ are averages and will not be exactly the same for every share that we sell. Each animal dresses out differently and how the animal is processed to the customers request creates differences in take home yield and processing price.